This is the first post for a new feature I’m starting up for Fridays called Thrifty Weekender. I’ll be rounding-up some of my favorite money-saving, thrifty-living, motivational, or just plain awesome links that I’ve come across recently. There’s just so much good stuff out there that I want to share with you, and since some stuff just doesn’t fit into the usual categories I cover we’re just gonna go ahead and do this! Plus, fun links are fun.;)
- Would you be into volunteering your debt away? Or is that just kind of like getting a job and using the money from that job to pay off your debt? What would be the perks to doing this program? I like the concept and sentiment either way though.
- Totally unethical ways to getting student discounts forever. (Would you try any of them? I won’t tell. Promise.)
- The highest paying jobs out there. Would be good to know about these going into college!
- Gotta save up that $$$ to go to Sagrado Cenote Azul in Chichen Itza, Mexico someday. So magical.
- Pretty sure every mom would love one of these. (Could be easy to make?)
- Insightful, thought-provoking, and sobering essays from a comedian, Andrew Orvedahl: Divorce, and a Crash Course in Debt, Personal Debt: That Sinking Feeling, and A Reprieve; Lesson-Learned.
- Strategies for scoring freebies. Have you tried any of them?
- The documentary that always, always gets me fired-up to share the getting-out-of-debt hope. Have you seen it? (Maxed Out) I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.
- This article about living with a lot less made the rounds a while back but it’s still really good.
- Consider staying in, or hosting others, in your cute, tiny home through Airbnb. Because small is where it’s at (see above).
- And, Sophia Amoruso (AKA #GIRLBOSS) really nailed it with this:
What will you be up to this weekend? We’ll be celebrating my first official Mother’s Day (!!) with a few extra chubby baby snuggles, and we’ll most likely try to get outside a lot since it’s such a beautiful time of year though, if you can you believe it, we actually have snow in the forecast for Monday (!?!!??!!?). All the trees in our neighborhood are sprouting their little green buds and they are beginning to canopy the streets. I just love it when they do that! Happy weekend! xo. Anna