Happy 4th of July! What are you up to today and this weekend? Anything fun? We’ll be staying in tonight since the baby goes to sleep really early, (7:00 – 7:30 pm) and all the fireworks displays start around 9:30 pm but we might be meeting up with some friends for some BBQ-ing at the ol’ park. I hope that whatever you do you are having fun today!
Here are this week’s Thrifty Weekender links:
- Remember how I told you that I couldn’t wait to share what I made for Aaron for Father’s Day with you? That onesie up above there is what I made, and I also made my husband a t-shirt with the baby’s face on it. They each wore their shirts and they were a set! It was so cute! I love how easy it was to customize the shirt/onesie and you gift/celebration options throughout the year are endless.(Got the idea from this post over at A Beautiful Mess.)
- Design Sponge asked “What Is Your Biggest Buyer’s Remorse?” Got me thinking, what is my biggest buyer’s remorse? Mine is a massive couch that cost thousands and long story (super) short, wasn’t worth it. At all. What’s yours?
- Did you hear about how Starbucks is going to provide free college tuition for baristas. Pretty cool.
- I have tons of random fabric that I always dream of doing something with. This EASY fabric garland might be the perfect solution.
- Lately, I’ve been really loving Free People’s stuff but I DO NOT love the price of the items so when I saw this post called 41 Amazing Free People Inspired DIY’s I was pretty dang into it.
- Uhh, being on time has never been my specialty so I read this post: Always Late? How to Be On Time — For Real. I can be on time, just have to work really hard at it.
- Not enough sleep? I was surprised by some of the things that happen to the body when you’re sleep deprived.
- Be greedy and treat your money like a jealous lover? Agree or not? Definitley an interesting take on the subject.
- I’ve heard about the baby picture in your wallet tip but hadn’t heard about the gait of your walk being a factor. Have you heard about these 5 bizarre factors that secretly make criminals target you?
- How to get your resume past the robots and into human hands. Turns out it’s all in the keywords you use.
- I’m ALL ABOUT pom poms. My house is literally covered in them. No, really, it is. So when I came across this pom pom fruit DIY I basically flipped, and decided that we need even more pom poms around here.
- Want to feel smarter right now? Here are 40 websites to help you out.
- A snarky take on how to get hired.