This Sunday will be Aaron’s very first Father’s Day, and I made him something pretty neat that the baby will give him:), and I got him a couple of little things too. (I can’t wait to show you what I made him it’s a simple but impressive DIY that could be adapted for just about any holiday/event throughout the year.)
We’re continuing to clear-out the clutter through The Minimalist Challenge and my word, gotta say, while I know it will ultimately be cleaner after we get rid of the stuff, during the process of this Challenge our dining room has become a massive mess. I’ve been trying to remind myself, “Alright, it’s going to get messier before it gets cleaner” because we’ve got bins stacked upon bins, and since those are all packed full we’ve switched over to garbage bags so we have a place for the rest of the junk to go. I don’t know how we’ve accumulated SO much stuff! Barf. I’m so ready to let the things go even more now that I’ve had to stare at the piles of stuff everyday!
And now, let’s get into the Thrifty Weekender!
- This is fascinating to me right now: How to Live With Just 100 Things
- Paul Graham’s take on Stuff
- It’s wedding season so if you’re planning a wedding (or if you have some friends who are) then these wedding freebies might come in handy, and these are great too DIY Wedding Ideas!
- Seems like everyone I know has issues with spending too much money on food (you too?). I’m always up for learning more ways to save money at the grocery store but I share what I do know in this post: 7 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Grocery Run.
- What do you think about writing a letter to your future self? What would you say to you?
- 45 Life Lessons Written by a 90-Year-Old Woman. #5, #12, #26, #37 are on point. Really, so many of them are!
- Well, that’s one way to get rid of your student debt! Chile students’ debts go up in smoke
- Have you heard about the Anchoring Effect? It’s a ploy used to get you to spend more money.
- I really like this technique to apologizing better.
- Jay Monee, over at Rockstar Finance, recently posted this video called How to Declutter Your Life in 84 Seconds, and I think there just might be something to that method!;)
- Can’t help but laugh at the irony of a $62 Minimalism tee. :)
I hope you’re having a great weekend! Give those dads some extra tight bear hugs today! :) xo, Anna