Sooooo… drumroll please! The Minimalist Challenge is officially COMPLETE!
I had so much stuff hiding away that I was able to get rid of a total of 496 items!! Aaron did an undocumented version of The Challenge, and apparently he doesn’t have as much random crap as I do so he was able to get rid of 252 items! That means that we collectively eliminated 748 items that were no longer useful to us!!!!!
I had NO IDEA that we would have that much extra stuff to get rid of, and the crazy thing is I don’t even miss (or even remember most) of what we got rid of!
Day 30, Get rid of 30 items:
- SELL 1, TRASH 1 – Mop heads x 2 (from a failed DIY attempt :/)
- SELL – Humidifier
- SELL – Dress
- SELL – Books x 4
- SELL – Art
- SELL – Gel eye mask
- SELL – Sunglasses
- SELL – Ring
- SELL – Chai tea
- SELL – Breast milk storage bags (ended up donating these)
- SELL – Breast pump (ended up donating this)
- SELL – Angeled baby bottle
- SELL – Baby headband
- SELL – 1/2 full cocoa
- SELL – Decorative accordion craft fan
- SELL – Socks
- SELL – Baby rice cereal (ended up donating)
- SELL – Kiddie stickers
- SELL – Practically full bag of Epsom salts
- SELL – Large bag of clothespins
- TRASH – Old computer program CD’s x 5
- TRASH – Metal thing (I have no idea what it does)
Day 31, Get rid of 31 items:
- SELL – Clothes x A Zillion (23)
- SELL – Cute winter hat x 2
- SELL – Bikini x 2
- SELL – Screen-printed mini-bag
- SELL – Sneakers
- SELL – Thin tin box
- TRASH – Box of month-old tomato soup (I was hard up for the 31st item)
I AM SO HAPPY TO HAVE THAT STUFF OUT OF MY LIFE!
We did a Yard Sale on Saturday so I’ll be posting about that soon.
Have you been doing The Minimalist Challenge too? If so, how has it been going, and how many items have you gotten rid of so far? How does it feel?
P.S. Looking to declutter and minimize? CLICK HERE to learn about the Fearless Minimalist Guide