If you like bananas then this post is just for you!
Maximizing food is just one way to maximize your grocery funds and therefore savings. One thing that I have been loving this summer has been homemade Banana Smoothies.
When your banana gets to the #7 stage (or stage 8) you know- the almost rotten and unusable stage then peel those bananas and wrap them up in cellophane and toss them in the freezer for a sweet and healthy and cold summer drink.
This is super easy.
Easy Banana Smoothie Recipe:
1. Unwrap frozen banana from the cellophane
2. Put it in the blender with 8 oz. of your choice of milk (I use Almond Milk)
3. In goes 1 tsp. of vanilla
5. If you have some orange juice hanging out in your fridge throw in a splash of that for a little more sweetness
6. Add ice and milk to taste… I like mine runny and cold so I add a bit more of these last 2 ingredients
It’s also surprisingly filling! Yumm!
Also, don’t forget about using almost rotten bananas for Banana Bread… it’s been said that those are the bananas that make the bread the most flavorful.
Hope you’re all enjoying your summer!
P.S. MyFreezeasy has been a total game-changer for our family! 10/10 recommend! CLICK HERE to learn about it