Swapping madness has officially hit Denver! And, it’s A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
What’s so great about swapping is that you get to get rid of the stuff you no longer need or want and you get to pick out NEW to you THINGS! It’s a way to re-mix your style and infuse some freshness. It can also be an adrenaline rush when the swap begins and everyone is trying to find the best things! It’s exciting!
Having style while also trying to save money and get out of debt can feel very difficult, especially if you’re used to going to the stores and buying whatever is cute (that’s what I used to do and it got me into a lot of trouble!) Swapping is a fun and social thing to do with your girlfriends and you can make a night out of it! (don’t live in Denver but want to get in on the swapping fun too? The Swapaholics tell you how to host your own swap with your girlfriends right here.)
Oh… and did I mention that Handbags.com is giving away 3 amazing brand new bags to swappers at the end of the night?! Um. Yes. It’s true.
Here are the event details
It’s An AndThenWeSaved.com Accessories Swap! Sponsored by Handbags.com
If you’re a woman in Colorado you’re invited!
Bring your girlfriends and make a night of it! This is going to be a lot of fun!!
When and Where
· Saturday, March 10th from 6:30pm to 9 pm
· It will be held at The Curtis Hotel located at 1405 Curtis Street, Denver, CO
· The actual swap will start at 7:30 pm on the dot. Please arrive between 6:30 – 7:00 pm so we have enough time to inspect & sort your items.
· $5 CASH ONLY to enter. A portion of the proceeds will be given to SafeHouse Denver (supports and assists women and children in leaving dangerous domestic violence situations).
· Swappers please bring 10 great pieces: Handbags, shoes, hats and jewelry to swap. Bring items that you would give to your best friend or sister! (If you don’t have 10 items bring as many as you want to swap and you’ll be able to take that many. For example, bring 6 items take 6 items.)
· Your items will be checked by official Handbags.com Inspectors so please don’t bring things that are falling apart, have stains, holes, are smelly, broken or just plain ugly! We will not accept these items! We want everyone to leave with great items at the end of the night:)
· At 9pm 3 people will win a fabulous bag from Handbags.com!! (Big Buddha bags valued at approx. $100!)
· At 9pm all of the items that have not been swapped can either be taken back by the original owner or can be left for donation to SafeHouse Denver (a women’s domestic violence shelter)
· Free Parking Garage is Available at the hotel for the 1st 100 people (you’ll receive a parking voucher when you check-in for the swap)
· First 50 Swappers will receive 1 FREE drink ticket
· Handbag Design Contest (winners will win fabulous bags from Handbags.com! at 9pm)
· DIY Button Making Station
· Tunes by DJ El Brian
· Sweet Treats from Pastel
· $5 Mani’s from Tootsies Nail Shoppe
· Photo-booth FUN will be provided by Newell Jones + Jones Photography
If you’d like some more info on anything here are some links that may be helpful or send me an email.
· Safe House Denver
· The Curtis Hotel
· Tootsies Nail Shoppe
· Newell Jones + Jones Photography
Hope you can make it! RSVP right here
P.S. Looking to declutter and minimize? CLICK HERE to learn about the Fearless Minimalist Guide