Something I always feel kind of silly talking about is “Gratitude”. For some reason it just sounds inherently cheesy even though it’s not neccessarily. Maybe I just feel like some happy ass leprechan spewing cheer. Like, I almost want to tell myself to “Cut it out already” and stop being so Pollyanna-y.
Really, being grateful for what I have and taking note of it puts me in a state of mind to not want MORE. To realize that what I have is pretty freaking sweet and while it’s may not and mostly isn’t “perfect” it’s exactly the way it’s supposed to be. Good, bad, shitty, horrible and awesome.
Being grateful is free (yay!) too which only adds to it’s awesomeness.
What I’m currenlty grateful for:
– You reading what I write (that’s quite awesome really)
– That my brother is not away in the war any more
– Crisp Gala apples
– A silly and cute husband
– Clean sheets
– Coffee. Oh, yumm… coffee…
– A good workout
– Sweating and aching after a good workout
– Fast internet
– A nice boss
– Funny images (like the one above)
– Good hair days
– A pen that writes nice
– A president that inspires hope
– The bus when it arrives right as I walk up to the stop (love that!)
– Long time friends
– Conversations with my sisters and brother
– Chubby babies
– Being busy
– That “What Would You Do” show
– Knowing I did something I didn’t think I could do
– Photographing couples in love on their wedding day
– Photographing tiny newborns
– My health and families health
– My mom’s abbreviations of words that have never been abbreviated before
– Breakfast foods
– Letterpress things
– Hot Water
What are you thankful for today dear reader?