It’s been a little while since I did a Thrifty Weekender post, but, I think we should just get right back into it. Whattya’ say?
Here are some posts/things on the web that stood out to me this week:
- Student debt is super nasty so, of course, I love this group: These People Can Make Student Debt Disappear
- Who doesn’t need a little bit more awesome in their lives? 5 Ways to Hack Your Brain Into Awesomeness
- The 25 Most Difficult Questions You’ll Be Asked on a Job Interview, and their ideal responses/answers.
- Clutter is evil (and a MAJOR time suck). The always articulate, Gretchen Rubin, explains… Why I’ve Grown Wary of Accepting Free Stuff. Leave the swag bags, and free gear for others.
- I will definitely be making one of these super versatile pillows someday. Felt Letter Pillows DIY
- Sarah is very charming, so she knows what she’s talking about with How to Charm Anyone. All the Time. Ever.
- I’m always on the look-out for inexpensive wedding dresses for other people. Partly because I shoot weddings, partly because of my recent obsession with Say Yes to the Dress (anyone else into that show?), and also because when I got married I scoured the internet, and local stores to find a reasonably priced dress, and there was nothing cute out there. So, what’d I do? I ended up settling for a dress, and then had it altered so I would like it more. That was a bad idea because I ended up spending almost as much as the cost of the dress justy on alterations! Not recommended. If I were to get married again, to Aaron;), I would be completely into these dresses: Gilded Grace Dress (this one is my fave), Alight of Heart Dress, Are You Gonna Be My Pearl? Dress, Romance with Me Dress (that just so happens to be 70% off), and Outshine the Sun Dress. I could go on and on but I should probably stop now. With a lot of the weddings we photograph the brides will also wear a short white dress for the rehearsal dinner, engagement shoot, and bridal shower so I could see a lot of these dresses being used for those purposes too.
- The Scientific 7-Minute Workout. It says it’s scientific, and we all know the internet doesn’t lie so it must be legit.
- This is a tricky subject for those of us who have struggled with load of debt. How do you spend money on fun?
- More than anything, saving and getting out of debt is about FREEDOM. This post calls out the “should’s”, and gets straight to the point: Increase Your Motivation to Save with this Simple Mind Trick.
- We’re all so, insanely rushed, and busy ALL THE TIME. Can you do nothing for 2 minutes? Let me tell you, I really suck at it.
What are you up to this weekend? We have to go to Home Depot to get some parts to try to fix of garbage disposal, and Aaron’s birthday is Sunday so I’m going to bake him a huge, chocolate chip cookie “cake”, and then I’m going to frost it with a shitload of buttercream and sprinkles. We’ll eat too much of it, regret it, then vow to get healthy again on Monday.
I hope you have a great weekend, and keep that spending on lock down! Read these get out of debt pledges if you need a kick in the ass/jolt of motivation. I read them very often to keep myself in check. xo, Anna