It’s Valentine’s Day and that means you’re going to be seeing a lot of pink and red along with half the people hating life/being ambivalent and the other half of people being sickeningly sweet and in love. What camp will you be in?
Aaron and I will be keeping it low-key by maybe ordering a pizza, getting sick on ice-cream sundaes, and settling in for a marathon of Sister Wives on Netflix because you know, nothing says romance quite like polygamy! I keep telling Aaron that we’re going to get him some Brother Husbands and he said he’s okay with it as long as they do housework. ;)
Because of all this love ‘n’ stuff, I’ve rounded up my 11 Favorite Posts about Love and Money…
1. Don’t Let Money Ruin Your Relationship at Psychology Today and written by “The Love Doctor” Terri Orbuch.
2. The Truth About Money and Relationships by Dave Ramsey
3.Can Too Much Money Ruin Your Relationship? at Forbes by Samantha Daniels
4. Love, Marriage and Money: Should a Couple Combine Their Finances? written by Trent at The Simple Dollar
5. The Six Financial Mistakes Couples Make by Alekasandra Todorova at Smart Money
6. Money Management Tips for Couples by Dayana Yochim at The Motley Fool
7. Coping Mechanisms for a Spender-Saver Relationship by Little House for Wise Bread
8. 10 Cheap Date Ideas She’ll Actually Love at The Art of Manliness
9. Ten Questions to Consider Before You Commit at Money Management International
10. Financial Infidelity: Are You Cheating On Your Spouse? by Adrian Nazari at Huffington Post
11.Quiz: Are You an Over-Buyer or an Under-Buyer? by Gretchen Rubin at The Happiness Project. While the intent of Gretchen Rubin’s Over-Buyer/Under-Buyer Quiz is not specifically about relationships the value of her post with regard to relationships is undeniable. Have you and your partner take this quiz to gain insights into how you each spend and approach money.
Here’s a post I wrote that totally applies to what we’re talking about: The Love and Money Mix – 3 Tips For Making It Work.
Are you in the “happy it’s Valentine’s Day” group or the “hating it/ambivalent about it being Valentine’s Day” group? Do you have favorite love and money posts that I didn’t include? If so, please tell me what they are because I’d love to read them!