This super cute glitter headband is so easy, and so cheap to make! It will quickly become your go-to party accessory.
How to Make a Glitter Headband…
- Glitter! (I found this huge container of glitter for under $5- pick any color you like)
- Thick headband (aim for 1 1/2″- 2″. I found this headband on sale for $1 at a girls accessory store)
- Spray Krylon UV Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating (not pictured)
- Make sure the headband is clean. (The sale sticker didn’t come off well on mine so I just left it since you can’t see it when I’m wearing it.)
- Lay down a sheet of wax paper (or cereal box liner - it’s just like wax paper)
- Put a thick layer of glue on the top of the headband and along the edges
- Pour A TON of glitter all over the headband
- Pour on MORE glitter. Moral of the story: you can never have too much glitter in your life.
- Let dry
- Spray with the Krylon UV Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating so the glitter doesn’t fall off. Spray in a well ventilated area, about 2 feet from the headband and use sparingly so the glitter doesn’t lose it’s sparkle.
- Resist the urge to “touch-up” the glitter (read: add more) once the first layer has dried. I did that and it just became clumpy.
- Don’t skip the clear coating because is you do everything you go near will ended up covered in glitter; which could be totally okay too.
- This would be a great gift to give all year-round
- Would be a fun craft to make at your next girl’s night
What is your favorite DIY accessory to make?
big thanks to aaron for the pic of me