Sometimes I like to think I’m “cured” of this whole “spending thing” and then I go and get a dose of reality served up to me. My whole un-cured-ness was proven this weekend when I had to make a VERY conscious effort to stop myself from buying some things.
1. Cat earrings. (above) I don’t have a cat, never have had a cat, and I really only like pictures of kittens- not real-live cats that try to touch me. The only reason I wanted these because I was on Twitter and Grace Bonney (of Design*Sponge fame) tweeted about them. What!? Yes. I was *this close* to buying them. The power of suggestion is crazy thing.
2. Minnetonka Moccasins Even though it’s winter in Colorado I found myself seriously considering these. Snow would get into the low foot opening and I couldn’t wear them to work. Despite all these reasons I still almost bought them because I was imagining all the cute outfits that I could come up with them. Aye yi yi.
3. White Christmas treeI’ve seen so many examples of very cute vintage-y looking white Christmas trees so I found myself thinking about how cute it would look in our little place. “It IS the Holiday season right!?” My mind automatically goes into justification mode.
4. Yarn. Tons and tons of yarn. Since I’m making all of my gifts this year I found myself thinking that I might as well stock up, hibernate and craft away. Which to me means working non-stop until ALL THE GIFTS ARE MADE. Have I ever told you that moderation has never been my thing?
5. Pizza It sounded good and I didn’t want to eat the stuff I have in my cabinets.
Instinctively, I want to NEED all these things. It gets easier to deal with temptation but it doesn’t go away. So, I have to ask:
How do you deal with temptation?