Saving Where We Can, So We Can Spend Where We Want.
Who is And Then We Saved for?
Have you ever wondered what your life would be like if you could permanently free yourself from debt?
Debt is so common that for most of us, we imagine being debt free in the same way we imagine winning the lottery. Sure, it would be nice to eventually break the cycle, but it’s a fantasy or a luxury for people like you and I.
Or is it?
I’m Anna Newell Jones, and at the tail-end of 2009 I was suffocating from the weight of my $23,605.10 in debt.
I’d reached a breaking point, where my cycle of debt and remorse needed to end so I decided to take drastic action with the decision to stop all unnecessary spending.
I’m not a finance professional, and I don’t have any special training. And yet, I managed to substantially improve my financial situation.
I made some very serious lifestyle changes by following a Spending Fast and Spending Diet plan, messed up a lot along the way, and ultimately came out victorious when I managed to eliminate all of my debt (close to $24k) in only 15 months!
Now, I’m on a mission to help others get to living a debt-free life too.
Now that I’m out of debt, I continue to write on this site about staying motivated, getting out of debt, staying out of debt, and about living life without all the crap (I’m a natural spender, so I need to keep that in check!). I am extremely passionate about sharing my experience with others since I’ve found a way to get (and stay) out of debt that actually works.
Take the 3-Step Challenge to Start Your Debt-Free Journey Today:
You deserve this, and I am fully confident that you will be able to get out of debt too! I also understand that it’s really hard to know exactly where to start, so I’ve come up with a simple way for you to take this on. It’s what’s worked for me and hundreds upon hundreds of readers since 2009:
CHOOSE YOUR SAVINGS ADVENTURE! BECOME A…
Definition of a Spending Diet:
– An independent, free, DIY personal challenge
– Great for people who thrive on moderation but need to see results to stay motivated
– A set amount of time – usually 1 year – where you choose to limit your non-essential spending to an amount of your choosing (I did $100 a month)
– All money saved through your Spending Diet is used to pay down and reduce your debt
Definition of a Spending Fast®:
– An independent, free, DIY personal challenge
– Perfect for people who go ALL IN, like extreme results, and tend to be “all or nothing” personalities
– A set amount of time, usually 1 year, where you commit to stop spending on all non-essentials.
– All money saved through your Spending Fast® is used to pay down and rapidly reduce your debt.
Definition of the Spending Fast® Bootcamp:
– A supported way to kick off a set amount of time – usually 1 year – where you commit to stop spending on all non-essentials.
– An online course that gives you a step-by-step, guided Spending Fast® experience
– Best if you thrive with accountability, community support, and want a step-by-step plan to make sure you do this right and get control of your debt – for good!
TAKE THE GET OUT OF DEBT PLEDGE
Once you’ve committed to your new way of spending, make it official!
- – Sign your name to the Get Out Of Debt Pledge
Once you’ve done that, you can also share the challenge with your friends and help them take back their finances! And the blog for ways to live an amazing life – no spending required.
BE YOUR OWN HERO – GET OUT OF DEBT FOREVER!
While you get used to your new status as a Saver, build your support network of people who “get it”. Share your progress as you go:
- – Join us in the closed Spending Fasters Community on Facebook
- – Report your savings on our Collective Savings page
We started tracking our debt paid off in 2015, and the Spending Fasters have rallied! Savings are tallied every month. Join us to see how much we can save together. We want to break $2 million by 2017 – join the fight against debt by starting at step 1!
About the Author, Anna Newell Jones
I’m Anna, I live in gorgeous Denver, Colorado with my husband, Aaron. We love to eat sweets, bundle up on the couch to watch Netflix marathons, and hang out with our charming baby son, Henry.
In addition to writing And Then We Saved, I photograph weddings and portraits through our Denver photography business, Newell Jones and Jones.
My book, The Spender’s Guide to Debt-Free Living: How a Spending Fast Helped Me Get From Broke to Badass in Record Time is a now available for pre-order! It’s a comprehensive How To Do a Spending Fast Guide complete with step-by-step instructions, gnarly personal, never-before-told stories about what it was really like to do a Spending Fast day-to-day. This is the get out of debt book that will change your life. The Spender’s Guide to Debt-Free Living will be available everywhere books are sold on April 26, 2016. I am beyond appreciative to the readers of this blog. You all are incredible and continually blow my mind!
One Last Word:
Being in debt is an isolating, shame-triggering experience. I know, because I’ve been there. While our situations might be different I encourage you to look for the similarities in our stories rather than the differences. The feelings associated with having debt, are universal, no matter what the total amount of debt is. Please know you are not alone. Use our closed Spending Fasters community to find your people. Talk with them, commiserate with them, cheer each other along, and before you know you’ll be well on your way to living a debt-free life. You really can do this. I fully believe in you.
Let’s do this! – Anna